• 1 table spoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 300g whole wheat pasta shells
• sea salt to taste
• 1 large yellow pepper, chopped
• 4 cups well-chopped fresh spinach
• 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds, lightly toasted
• zest of 2 lemons
• 200g mozzarella cheese, shredded or torn into small pieces
Serves: 4-6 persons
Preparation time: 40 min
Sattvik Rating: Medium
Difficulty level: Medium
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Butter/oil a large casserole dish or baking pan.
2. Boil the pasta in salted water per package instructions. Drain pasta, toss with a glug of olive oil. Set aside.
3. In the meantime, heat a bit of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high. Saute the yellow pepper with a couple pinches of salt for a few minutes.
4. Stir in spinach. Cook for just about 20 seconds, until the spinach collapses a bit. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of the almonds and 1/2 of the zest. Add to pasta and stir - mixing well, a minute or so.
5. Now sprinkle the bottom of baking dish with the rest of the zest. Add a layer of the pasta to the bottom of the baking pan, now sprinkle with some of the cheese, add more pasta, then more cheese. Finish with a layer of cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until cheese on top is bubbly and melty. Serve sprinkled with the remaining almonds.
About us | Subscribe | Feedback | Contribute a Recipe
Note: Unable to see the above images? Please click on 'Display images' in your mail
Art of Living Universe: Facebook | Twitter | Google Plus | YouTube | Pinterest